Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Using JMF in Eclipse

I was trying to use JMF API. I was thinking of making some applets that can play audio and video. I downloaded the JMF API from the sun site. Since long I have been using Eclipse as the IDE for java development. But, I was having hard time adding JMF in Eclipse. My java programs were not recognizing the jmf classes. Finally, here is how I solved the problem.
  • Open Eclipse
  • Go to Project Properties
  • Click on Java Build Path
  • Go to the tab libraries
  • Click on button "Add external Jar Files"
  • show the jmf.jar file and then click on open

















This should be all to add jmf in Eclipse. Now your java program should be able to recognize the jmf classes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though its a different question altogether, but have you tried capturing A/V using JMF applets in Windows Vista?

Dilip said...

No, I just made the player to play A/V not to capture, though I might try it sometime later and I don't use Vista, I use XP.

cchaptini said...

i did the same and classes were recognized but when i deploy the jar it, the sound button which calls the class related was not working. It works fine on the simulator but not on the deployed jar any suggestions?

Dilip said...

hmmmm..I actually did not try deploying the jar file...I will try that and she if things start breaking or not and let you know.

Diego said...

I know you posted this quite a while back, but this totally helped me with some JMF stuff I was doing on Eclipse. THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

THANX A LOT!!

mary Brown said...

Interesting Article

Java Training in CHennai | Core Java Training in Chennai


Java Online Training Institutes in Chennai | Java EE Training Institutes in Chennai