Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DNS goes down in XP service pack 3

Since few days back I am having a weird problem. My internet seems to work fine for some time and suddenly it crashes and I can't browse pages. When I run the MSN troubleshooter, I can see that the problem is with the DNS Suffix. Even if I type the ip add of a web page directly in the address bar, the page is displayed successfully. Till now my research in this issue points that its an issue with the Windows XP service pack 3 (by the way as far I remember I started having this problem sometime after I installed service pack 3). Now, I don't know what to do..whether uninstall service pack3 and fall back to service pack 2( which I really don't want to do) or look for some other solutions.
Related links:
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1023601.htm

No comments: