Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adware.CWSIEFeats detected



I was surfing internet yesterday and somehow an adware named Adware.CWSIEFeats got installed in my computer. I immediately came to know about it because it changed my desktop background. My desktop background looked like something shown in the image. 

Then I ran my Symantec Antivirus and scaned the whole system. The scan found a couple of adware with the name mentioned above.  
Then I googled it and found the symantec response page for the adware; http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-120817-5800-99&tabid=2

. I manually deleted those .exe files from my computer and then restarted the computer. After that the background screen is gone but still my computer does not acts normal. Especially if anyhow I launch the IE..the computer freezes and I have to manually restart the computer. At this point, I guess its because of the registry keys the adware has added in my system. I am yet to figure out this and completely slove the problem. Any suggestions and solutions is highly recommended. 


thanks

No comments: